Q. Do you accept walk-ins?We don’t take walk-ins, however, we do book same-day appointments. Go to our online booking portal, or call 202-248-0337/3404 before 12pm to check for available openings.
Q. Which artist should I go to?At PRMP, we practice the highest form of team service. Our team members are skill-certified to ensure consistent, quality service and technical skill. This means that the skills of our entire team are available to you and you will have confidence knowing you are in good hands.
Q. Why am I being asked for a credit card number or a deposit?Untimely cancellations and no-shows are costly. Your credit card number (or deposit, in some cases) serves as security, just as it would for a hotel or rental car reservation. Charges to your card are easily avoided by honoring our CANCELLATION POLICY.
Brow Service FAQs
Q. My dermatologist prescribed me some acne meds, can I still get my brows done?Certainly, but you'll need to select "Tweezing Only" as an add-on to any other brow service. Topical or oral acne medications (Retin-A, Retinol, benzoyl peroxide, etc.) cause sensitivity and will cause "lifting" of the skin, sometimes mistaken for a burn.
Q. What is the difference between the New Client Brow Experience and the Precision Brow Shaping service?Listen, we don’t cut corners. We want to give you plenty of time to have your questions answered and render our best work.
The New Client Brow Experience includes an in-depth consultation on the ideal brow shape and corrective assessments for those who have over tweezed or over waxed and wish to regrow or reshape their brows. We will also discuss your #browgoals and history, allergies, skin regimen, medications and anything else that may sensitize your skin during the waxing process. This service also includes a brow shaping using the PRMP standard of the most precise methods of waxing, trimming and tweezing; complimentary brow design using powder and/or pencil and concealer OR tint. This service is also complimented with a Hydrating Under Eye Treatment.
q. I’ve never been to PRMP before. Do I have to book a New Client Experience service?Yes. The New Client Brow Service is our introductory service for ALL first time (or first time in a long time) brow clients. If you book something other than the New Client Brow Service, your appointment will be adjusted and you will be charged accordingly. We reserve the right to charge for a New Client Brow Service for clients who have not received brow services in more than 12 weeks unless this has been discussed as part of your personal brow journey.
q. Why am I being asked to book the New Brow Client Experience if I've already been to PRMP?Clients who have not been to PRMP for brow services in 12 or more weeks will be asked to book the New Brow Client Experience unless this has been discussed as part of your personal brow journey. Typically, those who have not been in for service during this time either completely grown out their brows and/or have been to see someone else who has likely changed the shape. Either way, we'll need to do a full consultation and reshape your brows to get you back on track, just like we would for a new client.
q. What is tinting?Tinting is a temporary dye designed to enhance brows and lashes to give them a fuller look.
At PRMP, we use 3 types of tint. We determine which tint will be used based on the density of the hair, sparseness of brows, skin type and habits.
q. Is tinting for me?During your consultation, we will determine if tint is a good fit for you.
If you have ever had an adverse/allergic reaction to hair dye, brow or lash tinting is NOT for you. For your safety, please disclose any allergies on your intake form.
Average life of tinting is UP TO 2 weeks and varies from person to person. Depending on your skin type (oilier types fade faster) and habits, tint can last anywhere from 3 days - 3 weeks (maybe longer). The use of certain products, especially those that exfoliate (like retinols, glycolic and alpha hydroxy acids, etc.) may prevent the tint from "taking". Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done about skin that does not take to the product. We include tint as an option in the New Brow Client Experience so that you can determine if tinting is the best ption for you for the future.
q. What kind of wax do you use?At PRMP, we use only the highest quality waxes for your comfort. We use 2 different types of wax-- soft & hard (we do not sugar). For more sensitive areas of the body, we use a hard wax that shrink wraps and hardens around the hair and lifts from the skin creating a less painful removal. We use a more traditional soft wax for larger, less sensitive body and it is removed by using a cotton strip.
q. How do I prepare for my waxing service?
- If you have been shaving, please allow at least 3 weeks growth for better waxing results.
- Exfoliate at least 2 days prior (not the day of) to your body waxing appointment to allow for hair to be removed with ease. This does not apply to facial waxing.
- Dress in loose-fitting clothing and undergarments to reduce chafing of freshly waxed skin.
q. When CAN’T I wax?
- If you are using any prescription and over the counter Retin-A (Retinols, Retinoids, Vitamin A), Renova, Altinac, Avage, Tazorac (Tazarotene), Avita (Tretinoin), Azelex, Finacea (Azelaic Acid), Differin (Adapelene), Epiduo (Adapelene + Benzoyl Peroxide), Topical Antibiotics – I.e.: Clindamycin, Erythromycin, Metronidazole, Benzamycin (5% Benzoyl Peroxide, 3% Erythromycin) and Prescription Topical Steroid Creams You must discontinue these medications 14 days prior to being waxed.
- If you are on: Accutane – Must discontinue medication for 1 year or more prior to being waxed. Prednisone, Oral steroids and Oral Antibiotics – Must discontinue these medications 14 days prior to being waxed. Blood Thinners – I.e.: Coumadin – Consult physician
- If you are using Alpha-Hydroxy Acid, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Hydroquinone, Over-the-counter Topical Steroid Creams You must discontinue these products 48-hours prior to being waxed.
- If you are using these popular skin care products: Pro-Active Skin Care – Must discontinue products 7 days prior to facial waxing appointment. Rodan & Fields Skin Care – Must discontinue products 7 days prior to appointment. (Some of these products contain Retinoids. You must be off Retinoids 14 days prior to waxing the face.) Obagi Skin Care – Must discontinue products 14 days prior to facial waxing appointment.
q. How long does my hair need to be to get waxed?About the length of a grain of rice, approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inches long. At least two weeks of no shaving or 4 weeks after waxing.
q. Does waxing hurt?Bottom line up front: Everyone's tolerance for pain is different. However, the use of quality products, our staff’s experienced hands and wonderful personalities (smile) help things out a bit. We've seen seasoned waxers shudder and newbies doze off on the table. Wherever you fall on the scale, once you finish, you'll be glad you did it.
q. I'm on my cycle. Can I receive intimate waxing services?Yes. But it is definitely more comfortable for both you and your esthetician when it is not that time of the month. If you must, come during that time, please be courteous...come on one of your lighter days, pop an ibuprofen about 20 minutes before, wear a tampon and freshen up before we get started.
q. Can I get waxed during pregnancy?Yes! You will be more sensitive due to increased blood flow to the area, but we do our very best to make you comfortable. If you have never been waxed prior to pregnancy or it has been more than a year, we will not perform full brazilian waxing services during your pregnancy.
q. Are there any tips for AFTER my wax?In the first 24-48 hours you may experience some sensitivity in the area that was treated. This is normal and usually there is less reaction the longer you wax.
During the first 48 hours:
- Do not use any exfoliating products, especially ones containing acids, since they might further irritate your skin.
- Showers are better than bathes. Use only lukewarm water-not hot. No saunas, steam rooms, whirlpools or other heated sources.
- Do not expose treated area to ultra-violet rays indoor or outdoor. For your own protection always wear sunscreen.
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours.
- To avoid ingrown hairs don’t wear tight clothes for the next couple of days.
- Resist touching freshly waxed skin, especially on the face, as this may encourage irritation and some breakouts.
- Sexual activity should be avoided for at least 24 hours.
- To avoid ingrown hair exfoliate waxed area (starting after 48 hours since treatment) 2-3 times a week to get rid of dead skin layer, so your hair can grow above skin surface.
- Applying ingrown hair solution like PFB vanish daily will help maintain smooth skin AND PREVENT INGROWNS.
Lash Lift FAQs
q. What is a lash lift?A lash lift is the perfect alternative to eyelash extensions as it uses a technique of combining a lifting lotion and silicone rods to lift your natural eyelashes, making them look longer and fuller.
q. How long does it last?A lash lift can last 6-8 weeks with proper care. However, results can vary based on several factors. See below.
q. What can affect the results of the lash lift?Hormones can play a surprising part in how your lashes behave. If you've recently had a baby or are on any other medication, be aware that the lift may either not take or may drop out quicker than normal.
Your natural lash growth and shed cycle can affect the results of the lift which unfortunately, we have no control over.
We will clean your lashes prior to service, however, we recommend coming with your lashes free of makeup, oil and build-up to ensure products used during the service will perform properly.